How to fix GoTV Decoder Showing Red, Yellow/Orange or Green Light
When a Gotv decoder indicator lights starts blinking, it means there is an issue or a notification which requires the subscribers attention. Most subscribers do not notice or are not aware of the meaning on the Gotv blinking indicators lights. But nothing to worry about as this post will explain explain in details how to carry some necessary troubleshooting steps to fix issues on your gotv set.
How to Fix GOtv decoder showing a yellow/Orange Light Constantly
Carefully follow below steps to fix gotv indicating different colors.
- Step 1: Press the power button
- Step 2: long press the power button, connect the power cable to the decoder with the AV cables or cord and the antennae cable (RF IN)
- Step 3: now 3 lights flashes and then you can remove your hand from the power button
- Step 4: tap p+ p- twice
- Step 6: after that, it will take you straight to the scan process, wait till the decoder completes the scanning and with complete channel list. How to Watch GOtv free on Mobile Phone
if the color blinking persists it means is not receiving sufficient power or voltage is low. Change the power source and if that did not solve the problem, visit the near Gotv Office for repair.
The orange light blinking in your GOTV decoder is as a result of a notification sent to your decoder. To view GOTV notification and clear the message, follow these steps below;
- Step 1: simply press Menu
- Step 2: Mail Message
- Step 3: Read /Delete the message
- Step 4: Press the RED button to delete. What To Do When Your Satellite Dish Says No Signal
My Gotv Decoder Shows Orange Light, Stops scanning at 50% on TV
Firstly check if you have at least 60% signal strength and 100% quality for maximum reception. However you may adjust the position of your antenna and ensure that it is high enough and nothing is obstructing it from sky view.
My Gotv decoder is not turning ON, Shows RED Light
Tap on the RED button on your decoder remote. If your device do not turn on after pressing the power button, check if it is connected to power supply. After that check if the power cable is in good condition. If after confirming that your electrical outlet is in proper condition and your GOTV decoder do not turn on yet- take it to the nearest GOtv office for repair.
Gotv Channels not active
You will have to scan. Press Menu > Advanced Options > Installation > Automatics Scan > OK
Gotv Decoder Showing “no service found”
For a quality reception, it is recommended you get a Gotv Antenna.
To see your GOTV signal strength progress. Press Menu > Information Central > Signal Strength/Quality. If the signal strength is below 90% and quality below 100%, you will have to check the connections behind your decoder.
Red light on Gotv Decoder
If your GOtv decoder is showing red light, it means your account is disconnected. Pay for your package subscription and get reconnected.