How To Fix Errors In Startimes Tv- Smartcard & Others
Although StarTimes made available a good services at a cheaper rate, there are bound to be faults; therefore it is necessary, StarTimes TV user to know which issues you will face and how to fix them. The problem you may face may not necessarily need the services of a technician only to go through some few steps. how to pay for StarTimes subscription via mobile phone
Common StarTimes issues and how to fix them
The following are the most occurring issues you face when using StarTimes TV and their fixes.
To fix StarTimes signal, ensure your indoor antenna is well fixed and placed. Move it around your TV SET till you get maximum signal, and also if the problem persist, an outdoor antenna could be the solution. Provide an outdoor are required to get an outdoor antenna (Yagi Antenna preferably).
Getting a “Smart Card Error”?? That means that your smart card is not inserted or it is inserted wrongly. Please insert the smart card in the decoder with the golden chip facing down and follow the arrow. Should the
problem still persist, please feel free to
contact us via our hotline number 0719 077 077 for assistance.
is your Decoder Showing Smart Card Error . When you are inserting your Smartcard into the Decoder, make sure the Golden Chip is the first into the Decoder and it should be facing down, if this continuous clean the Golden chip gently and put it back into the Decoder. If this error persists Bring the Decoder to any of our outlets for repair free of Charge. Startimes customer care contact.
1. Adjust your Antenna till you get signal.
2. Embark on automatic search by clicking on “Menu” button on your remote control, scroll to “System Settings” and press OK. In the list displayed, scroll to “Automatic Search” and use the right arrow key to navigate to the YES and NO option. Select YES and press OK.
No access/not subscribed
This simply means your subscription has expired. Kindly recharge by using any of the following methods:
1. Buy recharge card from BHs or Dealers and follow the instructions on how to recharge at the back of the recharge.
2. Through Mobile Money account (StanbicIBTCMobileMoney(*909#), and Pocket Moni, MTN (coming soon)
3. Quick Teller websites and ATM
4. Bank Recharge.
Smart Card Not Paired or Wrong Pairing
This is when a smartcard is mismatched or wrongly paired with another decoder. You should visit the nearest business hall.
Decoder fails to power
You can check whether the power plug of the decoder is correctly inserted into the AC 220V power jack –and whether the switch of the decoder switches on.
No Audio / No Video
1.Check whether the antenna is correctly connected to the decoder.
2.Check the audio and video cables of the gateway and TV, it must be video out – video in, audio out – audio in).
3. Ensure that the TV is in the AV mode. For TVs with more than one (1) AV setting, please select the right AV setting using the correct port on the machine (TV) and the same selection on the remote control.
4. If (a), (b) and (c) are fine, then suspect the AV cables in use. Try a new set of cable.