How To Reset Directv Box & program Genie Remote
Here are a couple of ways to reset the DirecTV box quickly. However, the quickest way to reboot a DirecTV receiver is by pressing the reset button to restore factory settings. Here is a complete guide to reboot your DirecTV receiver.
How To Reset DirecTV receiver using the reset button
- Find the reset button. On most DIRECTV box, there is always a red button positioned in the access card door.
- Click the red button, then wait for your receiver to reboot.
Note: To reboot a Genie Mini, you will have to restart the primary Genie too. Resetting your DIRECTV Genie and also your Genie Mini restores local channels.Unplug in the receiver
- Unplug the receiver’s power cord socketed in the electrical outlet, wait for 15 seconds, and plug it back.
- Click on the Power button located in the front panel of your DirecTV receiver. Wait for your receiver to reboot.
Method 3: Restore the tv receiver to factory settings Select settings, playlists, options, and favorites are all erased with this method.
- Press and hold the blue DIRECTV power button on the front of your receiver.
- Release after twenty seconds.
How to reboot DirecTV box
If the DirecTV receiver is not working correctly, here’s a fix to refresh your receiver and get it on once more.
Read more: Easy Guide On Using GOtv Remote Control
How to reboot DirecTV box
Click on the “Menu” button in your DirecTV remote control. On an HD receiver or DVR, press “Settings & Help” in the list of options and click the “Settings” screen. On SD hardware, click on “Parental, Fav’s & Setup” and tap on “System Setup.”
Tap on the “Reset” option to choices three choices that display the DirecTV receiver’s system memory to restore. “Restart Receiver” refreshes the DirecTV hardware, doing the same function with the red reset button found behind the front panel of your device. A restart does not touch your chosen program selections, custom guide men, you, and parental controls intact. “Reset Defaults” erase all your settings and choices. “Reset Everything” completely clears the entire system memory of your receiver, also all your recorded audio in the DirecTV DVR, and shows up the step by step Setup procedure you must perform on fresh-out-of-the-box hardware.
Tap the arrow button on your remote control to display your selected reset option. Tap on the “Select” key to make your choice. Input your parental control password, if you have it, to unlock your receiver and reset it.
DirecTV satellite receivers store the full history of the internal hard drive of programs recorded to the system’s DVR. The narrative is built to aid customers in the following track of their recordings while observing what their kids are programming and watching. Each record stays in history for up to a month before getting a drop-off. Wiping out the history needs a complete reset of the receiver box and or refresh of the direct receiver.
How to delete DirecTv recording
Switch on the DirecTV receiver and TV box.
Click on the “Menu” button on your DirecTV remote, make use of the “down arrow” key to highlight “Parental, Favorites, and Setup,” then tap on the “Select” button.
Highlight and select “System Setup.”
Use the “down arrow” key to choose “Reset,” then check and press “Reset Everything.” At this point, the receiver will show a displaying message on the TV, requiring your confirmation to start a full reset to the factory defaults.
Tap on the “Select” button the final time to reset the receiver to its original factory settings, which will erase the history you recorded as well as all recorded programs. However, follow the steps carefully to avoid DirecTV not deleting recording.
How to connect a Satellite Receiver to the Internet
Updates are made available for satellite receivers, some to fix DirecTV issues. To be able to get access to these updates, the receiver must be well connected to an Internet source. Many receivers access pre-programming schedules via an Internet connection. As a result of this, it is essential to secure your satellite receiver to your high-speed Internet connection.
Plug the Ethernet cable carefully into one of the “Out” ports on your high-speed modem.
Join the free end of the cable into the “Ethernet” port located at the backside of your satellite receiver.
Startup the high-speed modem, television, and satellite receiver if any of the devices are turned off.
Click on the “Menu” button on the satellite receiver’s remote control, now choose the “Setup” option and click on the “System Setup,” “Network Setup,” and finally “Connect Now.”Now receiver searches for any available Internet connections.
Confirm by pressing “OK” or “Done” once the receiver detects the Internet connection.
How to Program a DIRECTV Universal Remote
You can easily program a universal remote that works with DIRECT TV
using a DVR, Blu-ray player, or any other device with either on-screen pairing or just manual pairing. Troubleshooting: How To Reboot Directv Box & Fix Issues
programming a Universal Remote using On-Screen Pairing
Follow these steps to program universal remotes that works with direct Tv to TV using on-screen pairing:
- click on the Menu button on your universal remote code.
- Press on Settings & Help > Settings> Remote Control > Program Remote.
- Follow the step by step on-screen instructions that take you through the rest of the process.
How to manually Program a direct TV remote to Tv (Universal Remote)
If you want to program universal remote that works with direct TV manually, follow these steps:
- Switch on your direcTV and receiver.
- Find out the five-digit code for your TV brand on DIRECTV’s website.
- Ensure the Mode switch on your tv remote is set to TV.
- Press and hold the Mute and choose buttons until your remote’s green light deems two times.
- Now input the five-digit remote-control code stated in step two.
- Check the connection by directing the remote at the TV and selecting the Volume Up button. If the volume increases, continue to the next step. If nothing happens, re do steps two, three, and four with a another code. Be aware that their may be many remote codes, depending on your TV’s model number.
- Tap and hold the Mute and Select buttons repeatedly until the green light on the remote deems twice.
- Input the code 960 on your remote keypad. The green light should deem twice again.
- Position the Mode switch to the DIRECTV position.
- Pairing of your remote should now be completed and ready to goEasy Guide On Using GOtv Remote Control
How to Program The DIRECTV Genie Remote to tv
If you possess a Genie remote, you can pair your remote both automatic and manually—plus a third option for DIRECTV Ready TVs. Here we will start with the automatic pairing process.
How to Program direct tv Genie Remote with Automatic pairing
To program Directv to TV using automatic pairing method, for the carefully stated steps below.
- Select the Genie remote in the Genie cable box, then click and hold the Mute and Enter buttons till the remote’s green light deems two times. The TV will show the “Applying IR/RF Setup” display message after setup.
- Switch on the device you want to pair your remote with.
- Tap on the Menu on the remote.
- Choose Settings & Help > Settings> Remote Control > Program Remote.
- Select the device you want to pair with, and follow the on-screen steps to complete the setup.
Program a Genie directv Remote to tv Manually
Just if the automatic pairing process didn’t work or you wish to use another method, follow these step by step instructions to pair your remote manually.
- Position the Genie remote in your Genie cable box, then tap on and hold the Mute and Select buttons keys till the green light on the remote deems two times.
- Input the code 961 on the remote button.
- Tap on the Channel Up button.
- Press Enter.
- You will now see a display right on your TV screen “Your directv remote is now setup for RF.” press OK.
- Switch on your device if you want to pair.
- On your remote, tap on Menu.
- Select Settings & Help > Settings> Remote Control > Program Remote.
- Choose the device you are trying to pair, and follow the on-screen instructions.
- Now you are set to control your devices and enjoy your DIRECTV programming.
Programming a Genie Remote using a DIRECTV Ready TV
A DIRECTV setup with a Genie DVR, a DIRECTV Ready TV enable you watch DIRECTV without any additional receiver. This just means that you wont have to buy separate Genie Minis for any room you want to watch your DIRECTV in. Instead, DIRECTV Ready TVs wireless receivers built in to the TVs themselves.
DIRECTV Ready TV works basically the way a Roku TV does, so to program diect tv to tv wont be stress as it it is done same way with roku tv excluding it’s specific to DIRECTV service and at least one TV in the house requires to be connected to the Genie for all the TVs to work. Pay For Gotv, Dstv Subscription & Be A Quickteller Paypoint Agent
So, if your satellite TV setup includes a DIRECTV Ready TV, follow these easily steps to pair your Genie remote with it:
- Direct your remote at the Genie DVR, then tap and hold on the Mute and Enter buttons till the green light on the remote deems two times.
- Your TV screen will by now display the message “Applying IR/RF Setup.”
- Switch on your DIRECTV HD receiver.
- Press and hold on the Mute and choose buttons on your remote till it deems green light two times.
- Input the manufacturer’s code for the DIRECTV Ready TV. Below are TV codes for Samsung, Sony and Toshiba:
- Samsung TV Code: 54000
- Sony TV Code: 54001
- Toshiba TV Code: 54002
- For other manufacturers, use the DIRECTV website lookup.
- Your DIRECT TV remote should by now be paired and ready to go!
How to fix problems with directv local channels
If you’re a DirecTV customer, here are some tips to fix Directv problems with local channels today.
Get An Antenna
If the directv local channels are not showing up, buy an outdoor antenna, plug it to your TV and you’ll have access to lost local channels on Directv.
To connect the antenna to your TV, locate the spot labeled “video” at the back of your or “VHF-UHF” on HDTVs. Use a coax cable to connect the outdoor antenna to your tv box through the rf port and after that, use the remote to switch to the external antenna.
Although you may not get all the local channels in your area, but yet it will go along way. However, tv antenna price will start from $10 and above depending on the range and quality.