First, What Kind Of Remote Control Are You Using?Being a DIRECT TV customer for a long time means that you must have possess one of two DIRECT TV remotes control: the standard universal remote control and the Genie remote. And just if you are using a DIRECT TV Ready TV, its another pairing process which will be discussed below also. How to program direcTV remote to Tv with the universal remote codes.
How to Program a DIRECTV Universal Remote
You can easily program a universal remote that works with DIRECT TV
using a DVR, Blu-ray player, or any other device with either on-screen pairing or just manual pairing. Troubleshooting: How To Reboot Directv Box & Fix Issues
programming a Universal Remote using On-Screen Pairing
Follow these steps to program universal remotes that works with direct Tv to TV using on-screen pairing:
- click on the Menu button on your universal remote code.
- Press on Settings & Help > Settings> Remote Control > Program Remote.
- Follow the step by step on-screen instructions that take you through the rest of the process.
How to manually Program a direct TV remote to Tv (Universal Remote)
If you want to program universal remote that works with direct TV manually, follow these steps:
- Switch on your direcTV and receiver.
- Find out the five-digit code for your TV brand on DIRECTV’s website.
- Ensure the Mode switch on your tv remote is set to TV.
- Press and hold the Mute and choose buttons until your remote’s green light deems two times.
- Now input the five-digit remote-control code stated in step two.
- Check the connection by directing the remote at the TV and selecting the Volume Up button. If the volume increases, continue to the next step. If nothing happens, re do steps two, three, and four with a another code. Be aware that their may be many remote codes, depending on your TV’s model number.
- Tap and hold the Mute and Select buttons repeatedly until the green light on the remote deems twice.
- Input the code 960 on your remote keypad. The green light should deem twice again.
- Position the Mode switch to the DIRECTV position.
- Pairing of your remote should now be completed and ready to goEasy Guide On Using GOtv Remote Control
How to Program The DIRECTV Genie Remote to tv
If you possess a Genie remote, you can pair your remote both automatic and manually—plus a third option for DIRECTV Ready TVs. Here we will start with the automatic pairing process.
How to Program direct tv Genie Remote with Automatic pairing
To program Directv to TV using automatic pairing method, for the carefully stated steps below.
- Select the Genie remote in the Genie cable box, then click and hold the Mute and Enter buttons till the remote’s green light deems two times. The TV will show the “Applying IR/RF Setup” display message after setup.
- Switch on the device you want to pair your remote with.
- Tap on the Menu on the remote.
- Choose Settings & Help > Settings> Remote Control > Program Remote.
- Select the device you want to pair with, and follow the on-screen steps to complete the setup.
Program a Genie directv Remote to tv Manually
Just if the automatic pairing process didn’t work or you wish to use another method, follow these step by step instructions to pair your remote manually.
- Position the Genie remote in your Genie cable box, then tap on and hold the Mute and Select buttons keys till the green light on the remote deems two times.
- Input the code 961 on the remote button.
- Tap on the Channel Up button.
- Press Enter.
- You will now see a display right on your TV screen “Your directv remote is now setup for RF.” press OK.
- Switch on your device if you want to pair.
- On your remote, tap on Menu.
- Select Settings & Help > Settings> Remote Control > Program Remote.
- Choose the device you are trying to pair, and follow the on-screen instructions.
- Now you are set to control your devices and enjoy your DIRECTV programming.
Programming a Genie Remote using a DIRECTV Ready TV
A DIRECTV setup with a Genie DVR, a DIRECTV Ready TV enable you watch DIRECTV without any additional receiver. This just means that you wont have to buy separate Genie Minis for any room you want to watch your DIRECTV in. Instead, DIRECTV Ready TVs wireless receivers built in to the TVs themselves.
DIRECTV Ready TV works basically the way a Roku TV does, so to program diect tv to tv wont be stress as it it is done same way with roku tv excluding it’s specific to DIRECTV service and at least one TV in the house requires to be connected to the Genie for all the TVs to work. Pay For Gotv, Dstv Subscription & Be A Quickteller Paypoint Agent
So, if your satellite TV setup includes a DIRECTV Ready TV, follow these easily steps to pair your Genie remote with it:
- Direct your remote at the Genie DVR, then tap and hold on the Mute and Enter buttons till the green light on the remote deems two times.
- Your TV screen will by now display the message “Applying IR/RF Setup.”
- Switch on your DIRECTV HD receiver.
- Press and hold on the Mute and choose buttons on your remote till it deems green light two times.
- Input the manufacturer’s code for the DIRECTV Ready TV. Below are TV codes for Samsung, Sony and Toshiba:
- Samsung TV Code: 54000
- Sony TV Code: 54001
- Toshiba TV Code: 54002
- For other manufacturers, use the DIRECTV website lookup.
- Your DIRECT TV remote should by now be paired and ready to go!
Frenzy valentine is a passionate blogger, developer, and entrepreneur. He is the founder and author of myfreshgists.com, Mycatnails.com, and ifashioner.com