How To Check And Increase DIRECTV Signal Strength And Quality
Low DIRECTV signal quality causes Poor TV viewing experience. Do you know that you can program DirecTV satellite dish easily? – the DirecTV comes with a built-in meter that can be used to check signal strength and quality. Although, it can be used to test for acceptable DIRECTV signal strength but shouldn’t replace the satellite meter used during installation.
How to check your DIRECTV signal strength and quality.
- press the “MENU” button on your remote, DIRECTV menu will appear on the top left of your screen.
- Navigate down to “settings” & Help then click on SELECT.
- The settings will be highlighted, cick on the “SELECT” button again
- Scroll to Satellite and press “SELECT”. The “View Signal Strength” highlighted, click on “SELECT” again
- Press the + and – to change the satellite you’re in and which tuner. If you see zeros or numbers less under 70, there is a signal problem. After that, scroll to “Done” and press “SELECT”. Then press “EXIT” to exit the to live TV.
How To Fix Directv Signal Strength Problem
If you are having issues with your satellite signal strength, reposition your satellite dish to acquire or fine tune the broadcast signal. Here are few steps to boost DIRECTV signal strength quality. Step By Step How To Fix LNB On A Satellite Dish
Re-setting your receiver
Experiencing the Searching for Satellite message on your television screen?, here’s how to reset your DIRECTV receiver to fix it. Unplug the power cable from your DIRECTV receiver for 30 seconds. Then, reconnect the power cable to your DIRECTV receiver. However, if the searching for satellite message comes up again, then, you should re-peak your satellite dish by adjusting the azimuth and elevation settings.
How To Re-peaking A Satellite Dish
If you want to re-peak your DIRECTV satellite dish, proceed to the Signal Meters menu through the Settings and Help menu on your DIRECTV receiver to utilize the signal meter to monitor the broadcast signal to your satellite dish. Follow below steps to access the Signal Meters menu:
- Hit the menu button on your DIRECTV remote control.
- Click on the Settings and Help on the left hand menu.
- Go to Settings.
- Navigate to and click on Satellite on the left hand menu.
- Press on “View Signal Strength” on the bottom right-hand screen
- Select Signal Meters located on the bottom right-hand screen.
Keep your television where it can be while re-peaking your satellite dish. An assistant may be needed to monitor the signal meter and pass the broadcast signal strength to you while you are re-peaking your satellite dish. Easy Guide On how To Track A Satellite Dish & Frequencies
Here are what to do before re-peak your dish.
First, ensure the mast is level. Secondly, adjust the azimuth of the satellite dish. Lastly, check the satellite dish elevation.
Its important carefully check the satellite dish elevation and weight. If the satellite dish weight is bigger than the mast, it mast could swing down and hit a nearby object there by causing damage to either the LNB, coaxial cable or th e satellite dish itself. Therefore, ensure you tightened the satellite dish and if its not strong enough, use a strong material to tie it. How to Align a Satellite Dish Without a Meter: Dstv, DirecTV
Ensure the mast is level. If you do not receive acceptable DIRECTV signal strength as a result of wind, heavy rainfall, the mast holding your satellite dish may no longer be level. But if nothing happened, proceed to the next step, Adjust the azimuth of your satellite dish. To check if the mast is level:
- Place your ladder where it will be safe to climb, and very close to the satellite dish.
- Unscrew the support sleeve nuts at the back of your satellite dish.
- Gently pull out your satellite dish and carefully place it on a level ground.
- Put your 7-inch magnetic bubble level on the mast to ensure it is perpendicular (or 90 degrees) to the ground.
- The mast should be leveled so its perpendicular to the ground.
- Fix back the satellite dish to the mast and tighten.
After fixing back you satellite dish to the mast, you can now adjust the azimuth of your satellite dish. The azimuth refers to the turning of the satellite dish around a vertical axis (the mast). It is the horizontal (side-to-side) angle. Here’s how to adjust the azimuth of your satellite dish:
- Determine which direction is west with the help of a compass
- Gently move your satellite dish from the west to the east, while having an assistant to monitor the broadcast signal level on the signal meter of the Dish Pointing menu.
- Slowly move your satellite dish to the east once you notice the broadcast signal start to increase. Again, move the satellite dish back to west when the broadcast signal starts to decrease.
- Now, gently tight the support sleeve nuts till your satellite dish can no longer move.
However, if its yet to reach an acceptable DIRECTV signal strength and quality, increase the elevation of your satellite dish, change the location or gut down trees obstructing your dish from the southern sky.
How to Adjust the elevation of your satellite dish.
Elevation in satellite dish means the angle between the satellite dish pointing direction, directly towards the satellite, and the local horizontal plane. Further more, It is the vertical (up-down) angle. To adjust the elevation of your Directv satellite dish:
- Unscrew the bolts holding the elevation on either side of the back of your satellite dish to a certain level but not completely.
- Slowly raise up your satellite dish, while monitoring the broadcast signal on the signal meter on the Dish Pointing menu. And if the signal level starts to reduce, slowly bringdown your satellite dish until the signal meter has reached the highest signal level.
- And when the signal meter reach the highest signal strength, stop moving your satellite dish.
- Tight the elevation bolts tightly and ensure your satellite dish can no longer move.
After tightening the elevations bolts, you can re-secure your satellite dish.
Re-Securing Your Satellite Dish
After you must have adjusted the azimuth and adjusted the elevation, ensure all support sleeve nuts and elevation bolts are tightly tightened. Use the signal meter of the Dish Pointing menu to confirm that the DIRECTV signal strength is at its highest level.