Easy Guide To Connect Dstv Explora To Internet
It’s no longer news that the DStv decoder can easily be connected to the internet using the Ethernet cable. However, the use of the Dstv wifi connector made it simpler for users to access online based channels on the decoder. Moreover, connecting to the Internet would enable users to access features like the catch up plus and a list of amazing options.
There are two ways to connect the Dstv decoder to the internet, depending on the distance from the home router. Therefore, if the decoder is placed very close to the home internet, connect using the ethernet cable. On the other hand, use DStv wifi connector to connect the decoder to the internet.
Connecting Dstv explore to the internet using the ethernet cable will ensure a steady connection. Moreover, there won’t be any need for wifi extenders as it’s directly connected to the home network.
However, interference from wifi connected devices such as TVs, players, and other gadgets will be avoided as its directly connected to the Internet. And also, to avoid the problems of DStv wifi connector not connecting to internet every day. Here is a step by step method to connect DStv explore to wifi using an ethernet cable.
How To Connect Dstv Explora To Internet Via Ethernet Cable
- provide the required materials to connect to the Internet; router, ethernet cable, and DStv Explora decoder.
- Connect one end of the ethernet cable to your home router and the other to the ethernet port at the back of the DStv Explora decoder.
- Now, check if the decoder is getting the internet signal. To check if it’s picking up the internet press the help button on the remote, select tools – connectivity checker, and press ok.
- All services are deactivated by default. Turn on connected services and select the ones to enable. Press the blue button on the remote, proceed to Settings > User Preferences > Connected Services. now, select services to enable.
DStv Wifi Connector
The use of wifi connectors made it easier to connect DStv Explora decoder to wifi even when they are meters apart. You can handily make your connections wirelessly and prevent ethernet cable from running from room to room.
However, to avoid wifi connector not connecting to internet, ensure you have a steady and unlimited internet connection. So, turn on your wifi router and follow below steps to set up DStv wifi connector.
How to setup DStv wifi connector
- Press the blue button on your DStv remote. Go to system settings and then connectivity settings.
- Now, connect the DStv WiFi Connector to the specified docking station. Ensure the docking station is positioned next to the decoder.
- The Explora will automatically search for available WiFi networks. When found, select the network to establish a connection between the decoder and the wifi.
- you set up a password on your internet, provide it to complete the connection.
Finally, this is how you can connect Dstv Explora to the internet yourself. Use the comment section to get to us. Thanks.