Uses Of GOtv IUC Number: All You Need To Know
GOtv owned and managed by MultiChoice Group, is one of the most popular and most affordable Pay TV services in Africa. Like DStv (also operated by MultiChoice), GOtv makes use of a set-top decoder to broadcast digital channels to customers. All GOtv Decoders have a unique identifier number known as IUC number.
IUC Number is not just any number; rather, a very important component of your GOtv decoder and GOtv service at large. How to Clear Error Code on GOTV – Error E48-32, E016, E17 and E32
What is IUC number?
IUC Number is that 10-digit identifier number which is unique to a particular GOtv account and GOtv decoder. Same way you can’t own the same phone number or bank account number with someone else, evey decoders on the GOtv network have its own IUC numbers. Hence, the IUC number is also known as the Customer number or Serial number of your GOtv decoder. So if you are asked to provide your GOtv serial number, you should simply provide your IUC number.
What to do with IUC Number on the GOtv network
1.Activate your new GOtv decoder: If you newly purchased a GOtv decoder, the first thing to do is to use your GOtv IUC number to activate your decoder. If you do not activate your account, you won’t have access to channels on the pay TV network, even if you have an active subscription. Catch Emirates FA Cup LIVE on all DStv packages and GOtv Plus!
You can go to GOtv’s official FAQs page to see how to activate your decoder using your IUC number.
2. Pay For GOtv Subscription: As we all know, GOtv is a subscription-based Pay TV which enable users to subscribe to monthly packages. Whichever package you are in, your IUC number will be required for payment.
3. Find Balance & Subscription Due Date: Your IUC is also used to check your GOtv package/subscription balance and due date. This is very helpful when you have forgotten the last time you subscribed or whrn you have forgotten your subscription due date.
4. Manage your GOtv Account: The official GOtv online portal allows for easy management of your decoder account. To access your account via the online portal, you’ll be required to provide log-in credentials: Phone number/Surname and IUC number. The IUC number is used as password to your GOtv online account portal. Also, you can equally pay for your package, pay for someone else, build a package, check TV guide, check account balance and subscription expiry date on the GOtv online portal.
5. Clear Error Codes: If an error code keeps showing up whenever you turn on your TV or while watching a channel on your GOtv decoder, you should log in to your GOtv online portal or visit Fix Error page. And input your IUC number choose the error that shows on your screen, and click on FIX ERROR.
Note: Ensure that your decoder is turned on while clearing error codes.
How to get your GOtv IUC number
By now, I assume you already know how important the IUC number is. If you are looking for where to see the IUC number, follow the below step:
- Click the MENU button on your GOtv remote
- Scroll to ‘Information Central’ and click the OK button on your remote
- Your IUC number should be shown on the screen, at the top-left corner