Maybe you are using Netflix on your mobile phone and also pays monthly for satellite TV packages, what overspending!. You should take advantage of this step-by-step guide to watch Netflix on the dish receiver without internet connection or extra device.
Using Netflix on the dish network can go along way to cut costs used in watching movies and tv series. You might want to consider deleting your Netflix account from phone after going through this article and discovering amazing features.
Before going through these steps, let’s look at Netflix supported devices and features. This streaming service is available on these dish models; Hopper with Sling (XiP913), Joey (XiP110), Super Joey (XiP112), Wireless Joey (XiP110W), Wally (211HEVC), AirTV Mini and few other supported devices.
Here’s how to set up and watch Netflix on dish receiver.
- Procced to the Menu.
- Open the Apps section.
- Find the Netflix app.
- Open the Netflix app on dish.
- Sign In to your account and start to watch Netflix on dish without internet.
There are some other alternative ways to get Netflix movies and TV Series on dish network receiver. They include, through channel 302, via Netflix remote button (for Airtv mini only) and connecting from Apps menu.
To connect Netflix to dish receiver through channel 302, you the remote to navigate to channel 302 and press ok to open it. Sign in and start enjoying your favorite shows right from your tv.
connecting through app, hit the blue button on your remote to go straight to Apps section. Locate the Netflix app and tap on it. Sign in to your account to start watching your favorite tv shows on dish network.
For AirTV mini users, you can easily set up and watch Netflix on dish without internet connection. To do that, pick-up your remote and press the Netflix button on your remote, sign in to your Netflix account and you will have access to all Netflix channels available.
Watching Netflix ultra HD
Netflix is accessible in Ultra HD on select Dish receivers. But first, what’s the difference between Hd and ultra Hd.
The HD resolution specifies there are 1920 pixels in width and 1080 pixels in height. 4K Ultra HD refers to a horizontal screen display or image resolution in the order of 4,000 pixels.
To stream Netflix in Ultra HD, you will need you will have to provide Dish models that support Netflix in Ultra HD. Here is a list of supported devices;
- Hopper 3 (ZiP1018)
- 4K Joey (ZiP110)
- Dish Evolve
- AirTV Mini
Streaming in Ultra HD requires;
- Provide at least a 2014 or more recent Ultra HD TV which can stream Ultra HD content at 60 Hz, and connect to your set-top box through the HDMI port that supports HDCP 2.2 or more recent (usually the HDMI 1 port).
- An Ultra HD supported plan. However, You can check which plan you’re currently on at Netflix.com/ChangePlan.
- A stable internet connection speed of 25 megabits per second or higher. Consider using wifi extender.
- Set the streaming quality to Auto or High (auto recommended).