How To Set Up Apple TV Box, Remote & Fix Apple Tv Problems
Maybe you are have been hearing about the trending free shows and plus movies on Apple TV plus, and now wants to know what is an Apple TV box and how to set up for newbies.
An Apple TV box is a streaming media player and microconsole built by Apple Inc. The set-top streamer is among the best streaming services providing various tv shows and movies from popular channels like Disney+ and Netflix. Using the Apple’s intelligent voice assistant, you can carry out various operations.
If you purchased an apple TV, you should see an Apple TV box, a power cable, a USB-to-Lightning cable, and the Siri remote control. After unboxing the pack, you will want to set up the Apple TV, here’s a detailed guide on how to get it done in a few minutes.
Prior to the set up, you need to connect your Apple TV box to the TV using an HDMI cable. After connecting your box to TV, here’s how to setup Apple TV.
How to set up Apple TV box
- Connect it and turn on your TV.
- Select your language, and turn on Siri.
- Proceed with set up on the iOS device or you can set up manually.
- Sign in with your TV provider
- Select settings
- Get apps and start streaming
After the set up of your Apple TV box, start streaming your favorite movies in popular apps like Netflix, HBO. You can easily use connect your iPhone to Apple TV without WIFI. Follow below steps to use your iOS device as Apple TV remote.
How to set up the Remote app Manually
- Open the remote app on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod.
- Click on Add a Device.
- Right on the Apple TV, go to the App Settings.
- Choose Remotes and Devices.
- Choose Remote app.
- Press on the pairable device that your Remote app is on.
- And then, type in the digits from your pairable device’s screen.
How to fix Apple TV streaming problems
When you experience Apple TV streaming problems, check if the software is up to date. And if you have apple TV update problem or want to check if there’s available update, below are steps to check for updates.
To check if there’s an available update go to Settings > System > Software Updates > Update Software. If there’s an available update you will see it here ready to download and install.
You shouldn’t update your Apple TV software immediately you receive an update, wait for some days before pressing the update button.
How to set apple TV screensaver to play in the background
The Apple TV will go to sleep by default after an hour on inactivity. However, if you wish to keep your tv screen alive and to keep the aerial screensaver playing in the background; follow below steps to setup.
Proceed to Settings > General > Sleep After, and then change this from one hour. The options are Never, 15 minutes, 30 minutes, 1 hour, 5 hours and 10 hours, so you can choose the one that suits you.
How to pair Apple TV remote to TV
- Keep a distance of about three inches away from the front of the Apple TV while holding the remote.
- Now, long hold the remote’s Menu and Volume Up key some seconds. Monitor the screen to know when a message will appear asking you to bring your remote closer to the Apple TV.
- Take is closer and by now you should see a message confirming that your have successfully paired your Apple TV remote.
- If you don’t, follow below steps to fix problems with pairing remote to Apple TV.
How to fix apple TV remote not working
Identify the type of Apple TV remote you have. For Siri Remote or Apple TV Remote, plug it to a power outlet and press it while charging and see if it will work. Stay within range of your Apple TV while pressing a button. If it doesn’t work, unplug your Apple TV from the wall power outlet. Wait at least six seconds, then plug it back and retry again.