How To Set up Roku Streaming Stick & hook up to TV
Starting your day with an amazing viewing experience probably will brighten your mood. To this end, it’s appropriate to choose the most convenient method to chill out while in bed. Choosing the best streaming service will bring to your doorstep everything you can wish for. With the easy setup of roku streaming stick even without a remote, one can easily connect a Roku to TV.
Just like most streaming services, the Roku TV setup can be done in just a few minutes without the service of an installer. Therefore, I will walk you through the steps to set up a Roku stick and set up to work perfectly.
How to hook up Roku
Of course, you do not have to have Roku to use Roku TV. So, using the Roku streaming stick, here’s how to easily hook up Roku.
First, plug-in the Roku streaming stick to the HDMI port on your smart TV while connected to a power outlet. And then proceed with the Roku setup instructions on the screen. Below is a step by step guide.
- Connect the Roku stick to the TV by plugging to your TV’s HDMI port.
- Now, connect the power cable to your Roku player and plug it to a power outlet.
- After connecting to the power source, turn on your TV and set it to the Roku’s HDMI that you plugged the Roku stick to. You should set it to the number that is next to the HDMI port you plugged the streaming stick to.
- When on the correct HDMI channel, proceed to the Roku set up screen to choose your preferred language.
- Scan for the WIFI network. When gotten your home WIFI, enter the password and connect.
- The Roku stick will scan for your TV resolution. Click on the go automatic or you can rescan if the data displayed is not accurate. Also, you can set it up manually.
- In the next screen, select “Yes, the screen looks good” or you can set it up manually after the time runs out.
- And then, copy the four-digit activation code that will be displayed.
- Proceed to roku.com/link with any internet connected device and type in the activation code.
- Next, sign in to your Roku account or set up a new accountntif you don’t have one.
- Finally, name your device and select its location. Then follow the on-screen roku set up instructions until your Roku device starts playing the introduction tutorial.
There are some more ways to connect to a Tv without HDMI
You can use Bleiden HDMI to AV converter for Roku streaming stick this is not the correct package for the Roku media player this one specifically for the Roku streaming stick the Bleiden package contains these items the video converter itself the USB power a composite cable and the USB power cable there are also printed instructions which contain much of the same material alright let’s set this up first we’ll take the USB power adapter and we’ll plug in the only end of USB cable that will fit into the power adapter it only goes one way the other end of that cable goes into the Biden adapter again it only goes in one way and next to where that cable comes in there’s a small switch labeled NTSC and PAL make sure that switch is in the NTSC position that’s the only way this adapter will work with your Roku streaming stick begin setup of the Roku streaming stick to set that up what you do is again you plug the USB into the power adapter that came with the Roku again only goes one way the other end of that cable plugs into the side of the rock of stick then the HDMI port on the Roku stick plugs into the Blyden adapter again only works one way the next cable to connect is the red white yellow video cable first connect the colors to the appropriate outputs on the blind adapter the other end of your composite video cable goes to the port on your TV with red yellow and white inputs be sure to find an input port as some TVs have red yellow and white output ports also near where these cables plug in there’s usually a label that says what this port will be called on your TV screen in our case the port is labeled video we’re ready to give power to the adapter and to the Roku stick so first plug in the power brick that came with your blieden adapter then plug in the power brick that came with the Roku streaming stick and then turn on your television our television is showing us that we’re looking at the video port so we’ll be seeing the output from the adapter and there it is if you don’t see the output from your Roku streaming stick on your TV screen at this point then you might need to change your TV’s source or input on most TV remotes is your source your input button and pressing that should toggle through the other options again in our case the option was labeled video other TVs might call it composite RCA line-in or aux at this point your setup of the blieden HDMI to AV converter is complete the rest of the setup happens with your Roku streaming stick and your Roku remote control .