How To Connect Roku To WIFI Without Remote
All streaming devices comes with its own remote control. However, some devices like Roku uses WiFi to connect remote to its players. This implies that on loosing your remote or if it damages, you will be unable to stream with it. Fortunately, their are other ways which you can use your Roku device without a remote control.
First, to use Roku player without a remote, install the Roku app on your smartphone or tablet. After that, establish a wifi connection and connect both your Roku player and the device with the app to the same wifi device. Now select Devices in the app and tap the remote icon.
HOW TO CONNECT ROKU TO WIFI WITHOUT REMOTE – ROKU 2
To Connect Roku to WiFi without Remote, follow below steps.
- Go to the Applications and Settings icon on your phone.
- Select the Network and internet option (it may differ with brands)
- Then press the Set Up Mobile Hotspot which, in turn, will open the Hotspot menu.
- Create a network name and password that you easily remember.
- Save the hotspot created and Click OK.
- Now, open the Roku app and tap on the Remote icon in the Roku app on your smartphone.
- Now, connect the other smart device to the mobile hotspot and then launch the Roku app.
- Proceed to Settings and alter the settings of the new network to which you want to connect Roku.
- Connect your mobile phone to the network to which Roku is connected.
- And it’s done. Use your mobile phone as remote for your Roku streaming player.
CONNECTING ROKU 3 TO WIFI WITHOUT REMOTE
To connect Roku 3 to wifi without remote, simple connect the Roku 3 player to your mobile hotspot. After that, start using your smartphone as a remote for your Roku 3. Follow below steps to Connect Roku to WiFi without Remote are as follows.
- Go to your mobile phone settings and tap on the Mobile Hotspot option.
- Now, proceed to the Hotspot pop-up window by hitting the Set up Mobile Hotspot option.
- You will see details of your mobile data usage.
- Tap on the OK button.
- Add the data about the Wi-Fi network that is stored on your Roku 3 device.
- Type-in your network SSID, scroll through the screen and then type the key.
- And then, safe the mobile hotspot which you have established and then tap on the OK button to activate it.
- Now to Connect Roku to Wifi without Remote, install the Roku app on your mobile device (android & iOS).
- Beneath the screen, you’ll see the Remote icon; tap it.
- Th remote layout in your mobile device will be similar to your hardware Roku remote.
- Now it’s done. Enjoy your roku streaming device with or without remote