Maybe you want to, or already bought an Xfinity Internet, and have ordered for the Xfinity self-install kit to set up your home Internet. There are no worries as this article comes with a detailed guide on the Xfinity internet installation process to easily set up your home network. However, you can as well book an appointment with a professional installer if you’re not familiar with Internet installations.
Though, if you are familiar with Internet installation, the Xfinity Internet setup wouldn’t be a problem after going through this article. So, here’s step by step how to self install Xfinity internet in a few minutes.Buy wifi router modem cartoons watches and others on Amazon Follow here
How to self install Xfinity Internet
Order for Xfinity self-installation kit – on requesting for Xfinity internet, the self-installation kit should come with it. On the contrary, contact the Xfinity sales agent to provide. Also, when ordering online, check the box for the self-installation kit to get it along with your Xfinity internet.
On the Xfinity self-install kit, you will see a power cable, social cable, xFi Wireless Gateway (modem or router), Getting Started guide/setup instructions, Ethernet cable, documentation, and further instructions for returning the kit. So if all the above-mentioned materials are included in the self-install kit, let’s head straight to installation.
To set up Xfinity internet ;
- Pick up the coaxial cable and connect either end to your wall socket.
- Put in the other end of the coax to the coaxial input on your xFi Wireless Gateway. Twist right and fasten it.
- Connect the power cable to your gateway and a power source. Look carefully, you will know where to plug each end.
- Turn on your gateway, although it should, automatically. Wait for the connection light to appear. It could take up to 20minutes before it shows up.
After a successful Xfinity self-installation, next is to activate. You can activate Xfinity internet in 4 ways.
- Active your equipment online
- Active via the Xfinity mobile app
- Activate Xfinity on TV
- Via call
It’s important to know the specific Gateway you have as the activation methods vary. So, to find out the type of Gateway you have, locate the information located on the lowermost part of your device. You can also check your make and model by signing in to My Account and select Devices.
Activate Xfinity online
Follow below steps to activate Xfinity Internet, Voice, or TV service online (excluding X1)
- Connect the Internet, Voice, and/or TV device and turn it on.
- Visit xfinity.com/activate for an easy step-by-step Xfinity internet activation process.
- For xfinity mobile device activation, go to xfinitymobile.com/activate.
Activate via mobile app
However, to activate your Xfinity xFi Pods or an Xfinity xFi Gateway through the Xfinity mobile app follow the below steps. (except for the xFi Fiber Gateway, Arris X5001). Moreover, you can easily manage your home network with the Xfinity app.
- Go to Google Play or the App Store to download the Xfinity app.
- Login to your account with your Xfinity ID and password.
- On the overview tab of the Xfinity app, select the Account icon side.
- Choose the Activate xFi Gateway or Modem under the Devices section. (For xFi Pods, select Activate xFi Pods under the Devices section).
How to activate X1 TV box
Use your X1 remote to select your preferred language. After that, register your x1 TV box by typing in the last four digits of your phone number associated with your Xfinity account. Now, choose a name for your device. Wait for at least 10 minutes for your Xfinity X1 activation to be completed.