Spectrum remote control has multiple buttons which when programmed can be used to operate various devices. On installing the cable box, the spectrum guide automatically detects your tv brand and takes you through the process to program the remote to tv. Carefully go through the setup to prevent spectrum remote not working either after installation or when in use.
However, If your spectrum remote is not working, there are several causes other than wrong programming. Still, your remote won’t work with the cable box if not correctly programmed. So, here’s how to correctly program your charter remote to tv. How to setup & Fix Spectrum Cable Box not Working – step by step
how to program spectrum remote to tv
- Connect your tv to power and turn on
- Press and hold the TV and Ok keys on your remote at the same time for a few seconds.
- Immediately the INPUT key blinks twice, tap the TV power key.
- Now, locate the number assigned to your TV brand and press it while pointing the remote at your TV.
- Hold the assigned key until the TV turns off.
- Lastly, press the power button
Here are some popular tv brands with numbers assigned to themBuy wifi router modem cartoons watches and others on Amazon Follow here
- Insignia/Dynex – 1
- LG/Zenith – 2
- Panasonic- 3
- Philips/Magnavox- 4
- RCA/TCL- 5
- Samsung – 6
- Sharp – 7
- Sony – 8
- Toshiba – 9
- Vizio – 0
Causes of spectrum remote not working
Here are the reasons why your spectrum remote is not working with your cable box: weak battery, physical damage, wrong set up, cable box issues.
- Physical damage – if your spectrum remote stopped working after smashing on the floor or hitting a hard object, it’s damaged and needs a replacement. Also, certain keys may not be functioning properly as a result of physical damage.
- Weak battery – when the batteries become weak, the remote starts malfunctioning and finally, stops working. Dead batteries could cause the channel to change slowly.
- Remote set up – a wrong spectrum remote set up result in several issues. The remote has different modes allowing the user to choose a device to control. Ensure you are on the correct setting for the device you want to operate.
- Cable box issues – sometimes, your spectrum remote is not working with cable box as a result of problems with the cable box.
How to fix spectrum remote issues
Replace weak battery – The remote needs a stable battery to function properly. If your channles are not changing or maybe the spectrum remote won’t turn on cable box, the remote is faulty. Replacing a weak battery will help resolve several issues with your remote.
Power recycling – this helps fix most electronic issues. Performing a power recycle will help resolve several issues with your remote and cable box. To perform a poser recycling follow below steps.
- Turn off your devices
- Unplug your devices from the power source.
- Now, press and hold the power button of your tv and set-up box for a few seconds.
- After 2-3 minutes, plug back your devices into the power source.
- Next, remove the remote batteries.
- Press and hold the power button for a few seconds.
- Insert back the batteries and see if the issue is resolved.
Reset spectrum remote – after trying a couple of fixes to resolve the issue and it fails, it’s time to perform a reset. However, resetting your spectrum remote will wipe out all existing settings on the remote. So be ready to set up your spectrum remote just after the reset. Follow below steps to reset your spectrum remote.
- Simultaneously press and hold the TV and OK button for a second. At this time the DVD, AUX, and TV buttons will flash.
- While the TV light is still on, press and hold the delete button until it blinks and goes off.
- You have reset the remote. Set up and start using your remote control again.
if after going through the above fixes and yet the remote still won’t work on your cable box, contact spectrum support for assistance.