How to add apps to Vizio smart TV- spectrum, hulu & xfinity
As streaming services are taking over the television market both cable and satellite TV providers are diverting gradually. Likewise, various smart TV now has an in-built TV network app enabling streaming of your favorite movies and TV shows. Moreover, You can add apps to Vizio smart TV from the app store or other means to add apps not in app store.
In this article, I will focus on how to download apps on Vizio smart tv. There are a couple of TV network apps that can be added to have access to various on-demand videos and live TV shows. Although they’re not always free, however, you will have an enhanced viewing experience when streaming on Vizio smart tv.
As there are numbers of in-built streaming service apps as well as listed in the app store for a quick install. Likewise, there exist some apps that can be added to Vizio smart tv even though not listed on play store. Here’s how to get them installed.
How to add spectrum app on vizio smart tv
- Turn on your Vizio Smart TV and connect to the internet connection.
- On your Vizio remote, tap on the ‘v’ button.
- choose and proceed to vizio app store.
- Type in “spectrum tv app” on the search bar.
- once it shows up on the search result, tap to install it.
- After a successful installation, log in with your spectrum account details or create if you are yet to have one.
- Now you will see selections of available channels and videos depending on your plan.
How to add Xfinity app on Vizio smart tv
Xfinity is a streaming service offering thousands of movies and programs to stream. With xfinity, you will get 200+ live TV channels to watch on your Tv screen.
However, the Xfinity TV app is not compatible with Vizio smart tv, therefore, we use a Roku streaming device to watch Xfinity on Vizio smart tv. Here’s how to add apps to Vizio smart tv not in app store in a few steps.
1) Connect the Roku streaming device to VIZIO smart TV using HDMI cable.
2) Plug to power source and turn on your Roku device and VIZIO smart TV.
3) login to Roku and go to Roku home screen.
4) find and click on Streaming channels option from the Roku home screen.
5) use the search bar to locate the Xfinity app and click “add channel“
6) click on Go to channel option, now it will download the Xfinity app on your vizio smart tv through Roku device.
7) After adding Xfinity to your Vizio tv, start streaming the best movies and TV shows shown today.
How to watch Hulu on Vizio
To watch Hulu life on Vizio smart tv, download and set up the app following the the below guide.
- Double click the V button on your remote to open the window of the fullscreen app.
- Navigate to the Hulu app and click on it.
- Click OK to install the app.
- Use your Sign in with your credentials to start streaming.
After that, you are set and all ready to explore the wide selection of movies and amazing programs on Hulu right from your Vizio tv screen.