How To Setup DirecTV Now App On Roku & Stream Channels
DirecTV now app is available on select Roku models and supports nearly every Roku device models (now AT&T TV App ). To access this service, download the DirecTV Now app on a Roku device and login or sign up for the service if you are a new customer.
Just like every other TV app, installing the DirecTV app on Roku streaming stick or Roku tv box takes only but a few simple steps. All it requires to connect Roku to DirecTV is a compatible streaming stick or TV box and of course, DirecTV now account.
On installing, you will have access to watch AT&T channels on Roku at no additional charges. With this, you can stream your favorite TV programs and sports anywhere. Also, you can get nfl Sunday ticket on Roku without DirecTV or any other cable.
To install DirecTV now, here are two tasks to complete before getting started. Update the Roku streaming stick software and ensure stable and strong internet access. Follow the below steps to connect Roku to DirecTV and start streaming your favorite tv shows anywhere.
How to install DirecTV now app on Roku device
- Turn on and get on the Roku home screen
- Use the remote to navigate to and choose the streaming channels option.
- Input “DirecTV now” in the search bar and search.
- On showing in search results, select and install the DirecTV now app.
- After a successful installation, login to your direcTV now account.
And that is it, you have successfully installed the DirecTV app on Roku device and can watch all channels on your cable plan. However, if after going through the above steps and yet, you were unable to connect Roku to DirecTV, your device is not compatible.
List of supported Roku devices for Directv
Here are list of Roku devices compatible with direcTV now app. But before going into details, be mindful of model numbers as some devices will share the same model name but different numbers. Below are recommended Roku devices for DirecTV now app.
- 4K Roku TV (models: 7000X)
- Roku non-4K TV (models: 8000X)
- The Roku Streaming Stick (models: 3600X, 3800RT, 3800RW, 3800X)
- Roku Streaming Stick+ (models: 3810RW, 3810X)
- The Roku 4 (model: 4400)
- Premiere (model: 4620)
- Premiere+ (model: 4630)
- Ultra (models: 4640X, 4660RW, 4660X)
- Roku Express (models: 3900RW, 3900X)
- Roku Express+ (models: 3910RW, 3910X)
Also, here are a few other Roku models that support DirecTV now app although not recommended but can serve as an alternative. Here there are;
- Roku non-4K TV (models: 5000X)
- Roku 2 & 3 (models: 4210, 4200 & 4230)
- The Roku 4K TV (model: 6000)
- Roku Express (model: 3700)
- Also, Roku Express+ (model: 3710)