How To set up Up Xfinity cable Box &program remote.
Self-installing should be simpler if carefully followed the guide to hook up xfinity cable box and internet with splitter or by other means. The Xfinity self-installtion kit will be right infront of you, but in the contrary, you can easily request one through the agent near you. On the kit you will have;
- Xfinity TV box
- HDMI cable
- Coax cable
- power cord
- Getting started guide
- Xfinity envelope containing customer privacy notice and an agreement for residential services.
An internet cable splitter is a small box that a single cable runs into from one end and has two or more cables come out from another end. However, an Internet cable splitter is different from a standard TV splitter. A standard TV cable splitter won’t transmit the Internet signal.
What to use splitter for
Usually, only one cable runs into the house to the cable box. So, a splitter is required to run the coax cable to your cable modem. To hook up xfinity cable box with internet using splitter follow below steps.
- Loosen the coax cable from the TV cable box. Now, unscrew the cable by hand. If it’s too fast, use pliers to unscrew it and bring it out with hand.
- Screw the cable into the end of the splitter with the single fitting.
- Put one end of a new cable into one of the outputs of the splitter and connect it to your TV. Tighten the other cable into the other output on the splitter and run it to your cable modem.
Xfinity easy self-installation
Although, it’s good for a pro but self-install is more convenient and saves cost. Here’s how to install xfinity internet services.
- Pick up the coaxial cable. Wriggle right until it’s fast.
- Fasten the other end of the coax to the coaxial input on the xFi Wireless Gateway. Wriggle right ‘til tight.
- And then, grab the power cable and plug one end into the Gateway.
- Plug the other end of the power cable to a power source.
- After that, the Gateway should automatically power on. You can equally turn it on if it doesn’t come up.
- Then wait for some minutes for the online connection light to come on.
After the hook up of your Xfinity cable and internet, next will be activation.
How to activate Xfinity Internet after set-up
Follow below procedures to activate Xfinity Internet for Xfinity equipment and approved third-party devices.
- Place the Gateway or Modem – place it in a secure position near a wall outlet.
- Connect Your Gateway – connect the power cord to your tv box gateway and to a power source.
- Allow The Gateway to be Ready – wait for the Power, US/DS, and Online lights to become steady. (Check your model guide)
- Connect to internet through Ethernet or WIFI – establish a temporary internet connection using Ethernet or WIFI (if your device support wireless connection
- Activate Your Gateway or Modem – After establishing a temporary Internet connection and you didn’t see a welcome message to get started, visit xfinity.com/activate. Set-up and verify your Xfinity account and to finalize the activation process.
If you are having remote pairing issues or your Xfinity X1 TV Box not working you can easily fix it yourself by following the procedures. Fistly, reboot your xfinity cable whenever you experience any issues with your device or fix it online with a system refresh.
Troubleshooting Xfinity tv, a system refresh and restart can fix most connection issues with your TV box. However, after troubleshooting attempt and yet, you couldn’t fix the Xfinity x1 box problems, book an appointment. To save costs, book an appointment with Xfinity technician. But for an immediate fix, contact an independent contractor.
Whatever the case may be, the first thing to do when you experience issues with our cable box, restart your Xfinity cable box. Follow bellow steps to restart your cable tv box.
- Press and hold the Power button for some seconds.
- The TV Box should automatically restart.
You can restart your Xfinity cable box by removing the power button and plugging it back after a minute. Also, you can restart your device on TV app and on settings.
Xfinity box says boot
BOOT in the front of the box is a normal bootup message. However, if there’s an error message on the TV screen then you need to troubleshoot the xfinity tv box. If your X1 box says “boot” even after refresh and reset, your TV box is in a boot loop state.
Unplug the power cord from the port at the back of your box (not the wall outlet) for a minute and connect it again. If it still won’t come off of BOOT, then the box should be swapped.
Also, you can try holding the physical power button for few seconds on the box followed by pressing the “ok” “right arrow” “down arrow” “ok” and then pressing the power button again on the box.
Fix Xfinity remote not working with cable box
Xfinity remote not working could be caused by lots some issues other than pairing. Here are some causes of your Xfinity remote not working with cable box.
- Dead battery.
- Physical Damage.
- Device or App problem.
- Remote Program
However, if your Xfinity remote won’t turn on TV, follow below guide to fix it.
Program Xfinity remote to TV
IF you newly acquired a remote, you will need to set it up and program to your TV. To set up and program Xfinity remote,
- Power on your TV.
- Tap and hold the Setup button until the light showing at the top of the remote changes from red to green.
- Press 9-9-1. The light should flash green twice.
- Now, hold the CH ^ until the TV goes off.
- Immediately the TV turns off, press Setup to lock in the code.
- And then, hit the TV power button on the remote.
Refreshing your TV box will help fix the remote problem, turn off closed captioning on Xfinity remote and reset all customizations. Hence to rectify the issue all you have to do is reset your Xfinity set-top box.
So, if your remote is unable to communicate with the Xfinity set-top box. Follow the below guide to reset your Xfinity set-top box.
- Press and hold the reset button for some seconds.
- You can also fresh online to fix your remote problem by simply visiting “Xfinity My Account” app and reset your set-top box from there.