Easy Guide On Using GOtv Remote Control
multuchoice’s GOtv which has grown to be among the leading pay TV service in Nigeria has been known for quality services and has made it easier to operate the decoder with a remote control device. The pay TV services remote comes along with the pack on purchase also it has GOtv app for mobile phones, but you also check the GOtv remote price if yours got damaged. The following are list of gotv control menu; How to fix signal strength for DStv , GOtv & startimes tv
On your remote, the gotv controls options include:
- Power Button
- TV Guide
- Utility: Red, Blue, White, Yellow, Green
- Numbers: 1 – 0
Getting to know the functions of buttons on Gotv remote control
- Power Button: This remote control button is used to switch off or switch on the decoder.
- ALT: This button on your GOtv remote or GOtv app takes you back to the most newest channel: the last channel you saw before changing to the current channel.
- Shift: When used with ALT (Shift + ALT), this remote control button is be used to adjust screen orientation (size and shape). The only Available orientations are Letterbox and Cropped.
- TV Guide: Shows the programs schedule for the gotv channels you are watching
- Language: this finction button changes the decoder language in use.
- Mute: The mute button is button on a remote that abruptly switch off/on system sound.
- Info: Pressing this remote control button will display information: the current gotv channel, program and the next program to be shown. This information is shown at the bottom with an info plate (i-plate). Pressing this remote button twice displays information about the chosed program on the i-plate
- Exit: Exits the gotv menu option
- Up: Used in navigating up ward, mostly when in gotv menu options.
- Right: Used in navigating to the Right
- OK: Used to choose a selected option
- Left: Used in navigating left in the remote-press-menu.
- Down: Used in navigating down
- V+/V- : This button (+ and – sections) is to control (Increase and Reduce) System sound
- P+/P- : Used to change channels – Forward (+1) or Backward (-1)
- Utility: Red, Blue, White, Yellow and Green coloured buttons. These Gotv control buttons are useless on their own. They are used to carry out specific commands as shown on the screen. While using TV guide, one might face an option or command next to a specific colour. To enable such commands, you have to tap on any of the six coloured button on you gotv remote control that suits the colour on the screen.
- Numbers: 0 – 9
- Menu: Displays the menu
- Up/Right/Down/Left: Display the list of channels on you decoder.
- Shift + Language: Opens Parental Control. It is a shortcut.
Exploring Your TV Guide
The TV Guide control button shows TV guide for every available Gotv channels. Tap the TV guide button to access it. To navigate or move the cursor, use the directional (up, down, right, and left) keys and navigation button if you are using GItv app. Paying For Gotv Subscription Package Made Easy
Immediately the window opens, you will either see view by channel or view by time at the end of the screen. You can switch to any of the two options by making use of the utility button shown just before the main option. The color is yellow for my Gotv decoder. Let us hope your decoder controls interface is not too different or your pay TV services remote control has spoiled and you need to find out the GOtv remote price so as to get back to control of your decoder activity without stress.
Having a view by channel at the end of the screen means that you are on the view by time window and when you have view by time, it simply means that you are on the view by channel window.
Having a view by time window, you will have the list of channels on the left and the programs schedule shown on the right. And having a view by channel window means you have the list of channels on the right, the list of programs under it and the schedule for those programs on the left.
How to Set Reminder for Gotv Programs
At times being busy will make you miss your favorite GOtv channels and some programs you would not want to be told about. The only solution to this is to set reminder for those programs so as not to miss them or to save them using your GOtv app. You can only do this using your pay TV services remote. you will need to ask for GOtv remote price if yours got damaged so to enable you do this setup.
To use this Gotv control feature, I suggest you use the view by channel window. If you are yet to be on TV Guide, Press on the TV Guide button right there on your gotv remote control. Tap on the utility button shown to switch to view by channel window.
Immediately you get to view by channel, make use of the directional button to move to an upcoming program, press OK button.
Setting a reminder for your gotv is that quick and easy. Your reminder is successfuly set and you will find an ‘A’ next to the program. Check Dish TV Balance: How to Check My Dish TV Account Balance & Track Recharge Status
Note that you may not be able to set reminder for an ongoing program or event. Setting reminder is only for an upcoming event or TV shows.
Using your GOtv remote control to explore Menu Options
A lot of the options here are quite straight forward and some of them are relatively not very useful at all. The Menu control option we will really be pointing at will be the User preferences Option or menu.
Mail Messages: This menu option shows messages if any.
Advanced Option: this Contains Decoder and installation information.
GOeazy Self Service: This gotv controls option provides technical assistance information, error code clearing, upgrade/downgrade and subscriptions at made easy.
Information central: This gives you a summary of the decoder information.
Parental Control: Your GOtv default parental control password is 1234. This is one of the options beneath the menu that seems to be complex. How to Use GOtv Parental Controls.
User Preferences: in user preference settings, you will find the Language Options and the Information Display Periods.
Language Options: With this control feature, one can select easily select display language and audio language. Also turning on the subtitle and also select the subtitle language for your decoder.
Information plate (i-plate) and Volume Bar time out: This is a specific time it will take for the information plate at the bottom of the volume bar to disappear after it has been activated.
Sometimes it will require you to press Exit button on your gotv remote after changing the channel for the i-plate at the bottom to disappear. You do not have to do that all the time. You shouldn’t be doing this every time, simply set the timeout to 2 or 3 seconds. This can also be done to gotv controls volume bar. Note that you have to know Gotv remote price if yours got spoiled so as to enable you do all this listed in this post or alternativly use GOtv app.