DSTV NMS SHORT TERM INSURANCE POLICY: EXAMPLE OF INSURANCE POLICY
NMS Insurance Services is a example of short term insurance policy that offers a special insurance policy to MultiChoice. The only authorised FSP for DStv Decoder Insurance. Each serialised decoder is connected to each insurance policy. For cases of multiple decoders, it will have to be insured separately.
HOW TO ACTIVATE YOUR NMS INSURANCE POLICY FOR A DSTV DECODER
How to set up your DSTV decoder insurance policy:
- Go to the interactive menu on your decoder and proceed with the prompts.
- Goto DStv.com and log in with your connect ID
- Send your request via Email to email@example.com
- SMS “INSURE” to 36904
- Contact DStv on (011) 369 4000
- Visit any MultiChoice Service Centre
WHAT DOES THE DSTV DECODER POLICY COVER
This is an examples of insurance that last for a month. It is a short-term contract that covers the following issues:
- Electrical or mechanical malfunction
- Lightning, fire, explosion, or flood
- Loss due to theft
INSURANCE POLICY CRITERIA
This type of insurance policy is only valid in South Africa, MultiChoice-approved serialised decoders. It does not include damage that is as a result of abuse, misuse, or negligence. One can only bring a fault claim after 3 months of activating the decoder insurance.
What is covered in terms of this policy
This example of insurance policy for decoder covers : Types Of Insurance,Functions,ImportanceAnd Features Of Insurance
- Any mechanical or electrical malfunctions that happens in the due time. If the decoder
is still in the cover of warranty, then any mechanical and electrical malfunction will be
covered in terms of the warranty.
- Any damage caused by attempted robbery, fire, lightning.
- Total loss caused by theft, fire, lightning, flood or explosion.
What is NOT covered under this policy
This example of insurance policy does not include the following: Any
- mechanical or electrical fault of the decoder where the malfunction happens while in the Waiting Period – if the decoder is still in the warranty period, these are examples of insurance policy that will be covered in terms of the warranty;
- mechanical or electrical fault of a decoder battery or other parts;
Parts that are included with the TV network decoder unless the mobile decoder excluding replacement.
- Smartcards, modems or TV links whether or not bought from or provided by
- remote control unless the decoder have to be replaced.
- Damage caused as a result of misuse, negligence or abuse;
- any loss, damage, destruction or signal problems that is as a result of unauthorised
tampering with the decoder or the decoder’s aerial system;
- Loss or fault caused by you or with your involvement
or consent directly or indirectly
Click here to read the full terms and conditions of the NMS Insurance Policy.